One of our hottest selling products in our online store and James Street, Burleigh Heads cafe are the popular Bialetti Aluminium and Stainless Steel Stovetop coffee makers. We also stock the seals (gaskets) and filters, which are very affordable and easy to replace. We often get asked how to change the seals on a Bialetti Stovetop, and have put together simple step-by-step instructions for changing your Bialetti Stovetop Seal, together with pictures below. The process is exactly the same for aluminium and stainless steel stovetops.
1. Make sure you have the replacement rubber seals ready before you start. You can purchase aluminium and stainless steel replacement seals and filters here.
2. Carefully remove the rubber seal from your stovetop. If the seal is hard to remove, gently use a blunt bread and butter knife (rounded at the top so you don’t damage your stovetop) or a pair of tweezers. Be careful that you do not bend the metal areas surrounding the seal.
4. Clean the stovetop thoroughly with soft detergent and hot water (not in your dishwasher) then towel dry when done.
5. Install the new seal. Please note that the metal filter is installed with the bumpy side up so the seal sits neatly on top of that.
6. Once you have installed the new seal, re-assemble the stovetop gently ensuring that the seal doesn’t get pinched in between the metal parts.
7. Boil some hot water only to test the seal once it has been re-assembled.
Enjoy your stovetop coffee maker!
How often should you change your Bialetti Stovetop seal?
The Bialetti Stovetop seal will last between 3 to 12 months depending on how often you use it. You’ll need to watch for wear, and we recommend changing at least every 12 months.