Many would agree that the biggest creature comfort they miss after a long day would be the delicious coffee they have come to love from their favourite cafe (after all, we are closed for 14 hours each day).
Let’s face it, when you are too busy to visit your local cafe, you want our coffee to taste just as delicious as it does every other day of the week.
We have put together some simple step by step instructions below to help you create consistently mouthwatering coffee, every day. You can also come visit us at 20 James Street, Burleigh Heads, where our team of baristas will be happy to give you a demonstration.
Instructions for Use
1. Place the plunger on a dry, flat, non-slip surface. Hold the handle firmly, then pull the plunger unit straight up and out of the pot.
2. For each cup (4 oz), put 1 rounded tablespoon or 1 Bodum scoop of coarse ground coffee into the pot. CAUTION: Use only coarse ground coffee. Fine grind can clog the filter and create high pressure. Place the plunger on a heat proof, non-slip surface.
3. Pour hot (not boiling) water into the pot. Leave a minimum of 2,5 cm/1 inch of space at the top. Stir the brew with a plastic spoon. CAUTION: Metal spoons can scratch or chip the glass beaker and cause breakage.
4. Place the plunger unit on top of the pot. Turn lid to close off the pour spout opening. Let the coffee brew for at least 4 min before pressing down.
5. Hold the handle firmly with the spout turned away from you, then using just the weight of your hand, apply slight pressure on top of the knob to lower the plunger straight down into the pot. Lowering the plunger slowly with minimal pressure produces best results.
If the filter clogs or it becomes difficult to push down the plunger you should remove the plunger from the pot, stir the brew and then slowly plunge again. WARNING: Using excessive force can cause scalding liquid to shoot out of the pot.
6. Turn the lid to open the pour spout and then pour coffee.
7. To clean, unscrew the filter assembly and clean the plunger unit after each use. All parts are dishwasher safe.
• Not for stove top use.
• Check glass beaker for scratches, cracks or chips. Do not use a pot which is scratched, chipped or cracked. Install a replacement beaker before using the pot again.
• Keep children away while using. Hot water is a hazard to small children!
• Do not allow children to use this coffee maker.
• Excessive plunging force can cause scalding hot liquid to shoot out of pot.
• Do not plunge with force.
• Turn lid to close spout.
• Use only coarse ground coffee.
For those of you who prefer a visual aspect, here is a short instructional video from our friends at Verve Coffee Roasters. Now you can make perfect coffee, every time.
Written by Therese Glowaski.