We are Quest Coffee Roasters, a long established coffee house and roastery with a loyal community following in Burleigh Heads and the Gold Coast. Our brand is one of quality and freshly roasted Australian coffee. We have a growing online business with a range of coffee and beverage products and ranks well in searches for organic and roasted coffee for home delivery in Australia. We have a cafe that sells barista made coffee, house roasted beans, and baked cakes. Our roastery supplies local households, our online orders, and wholesale customers across Queensland.
We are looking to hire a marketing and content manager – initially on a casual basis – to manage our social media, continue the building of Quest’s brand, and write engaging content to be published on www.questcoffee.com.au. We have numerous projects in the pipeline which we are excited about and hope will turn Quest Coffee into a household name across Australia. If you are a creative individual, with excellent communication skills, and a strong empathy for consumers and customers, then this is the role for you. Our team is young, energised, passionate, and you’ll be supported by experienced professionals from product / business / software / and coffee backgrounds.
- Manage Quest’s social media presence.
- Help craft Quest’s social media brand and online presence.
- Produce well-researched content for online publications.
- Organize writing schedules to complete drafts of content or finished projects within deadlines.
- Utilise industry best practices and familiarity with the organisation’s mission to inspire ideas and content.
- Develop related content for multiple platforms, such as websites, email marketing, product descriptions, videos, and blogs.
- Monitor and analyze the performance of key performance indicators (KPIs) to offer suggestions for improvement.
- Use search engine optimization (SEO) strategies in writing to maximize the online visibility of a website in search results.
- Research and utilise multiple content channels to increase content visibility and external links back to Quest websites.
Skills and Experience
- Undergoing or completed a Bachelor of marketing, journalism, or related degree,
- Portfolio and or samples of published works,
- You have a social media presence, or have built a social media presence for at least one organisation,
- Impeccable grasp of the English language, including idioms and current trends in slang and expressions,
- You don’t need grammarly, you are grammarly,
- Demonstrated ability to create engaging posts in social media,
- Provable love of coffee,
- Ability to work independently with little or no daily supervision,
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to communicate with clients, colleagues, and management,
- Good time management skills, including prioritizing, scheduling, and adapting as necessary,
- Proficiency with computers, especially writing programs, such as Google Docs and Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- You must be an Australian citizen or resident to apply for this position.
- You must have a car or other means of transport
- Access to an SLR camera would be looked on favourably
Nice to have
- Experience writing blog posts,
- Website building skills / experience e.g. HTML, CSS, or WordPress
- You strive for open and honest communication with respect for others
- Professional demeanor and a desire to exceed expectations.
- Desire to learn about new platforms, technologies, be adaptable and share what you learn with your team.
- You have rational opinions and you are able to make compromises.
- You like getting things done and care about how they get done.
- You are proactive and self-directed, identifying issues and opportunities ahead of time.
- You strive for achievement and making a difference.
- Casual 4 – 8 hours per week based on available projects.
- $20 – 30 / hour + super.
- Support from a great team.
- Opportunities to learn and grow as the business expands.
- Work from home with flexible hours; with occasional requirement to work from office in Currumbin Waters, Queensland.
How to apply
Applications are to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org and need to include:
- your resume
- a short cover letter
- examples of published and professional content work you have personally written
- links to social media profile(s) you manage or have managed
- high school and or university transcripts
Once we have your application, we’ll review, and if we believe you may be a good fit for the role, we’ll schedule an initial chat.