We are Quest Coffee Roasters, a long established espresso bar and organic coffee roastery with a loyal community following in Burleigh Heads and the Gold Coast. We sell coffee beans and products in store, online, and wholesale. We are known for our top quality coffee, delicious in house baked cakes and treats, and friendly café service. We have an opening at our Burleigh Heads Cafe and Roastery for an Expert Barista – to deliver an awesome coffee experience for customers, run shifts, train team members, and (if interested) learn about other parts of the business.
Our team is young, energised, passionate, and you’ll be supported by experienced professionals from coffee, product, business, and software backgrounds. Our goal is to build a workplace and business that gives back to society by empowering individuals, small businesses, and communities. We believe social and environmental business sustainability is essential to the health of our society.
- Opening and Closing cafe, and running day shift.
- Barista responsibilities including preparing drinks, food, and customer service.
- Welcomes customers by determining their coffee interests and needs.
- Educating team and customers on coffee beans, origins, and roasts.
- Sells coffees and coffee grinding and brewing equipment by explaining differences in coffee beans and coffee preparation machines.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following organisation standards and sanitation regulations
- 3 or more years of recent experience as a Barista.
- 1 or more years experience as a Head / Lead barista or Barista Trainer.
- Strong knowledge of coffee beans, origins, and brewing techniques.
- Strong listening and verbal communication skills.
- A strong understanding of Food Health & Safety.
NICE TO HAVE
- Certification III or more in Hospitality.
- Organic handling experience.
We have numerous other potential responsibilities available for the right candidate if there is interest based on the candidate having:
- Baking experience
- IT / programming experience
- Marketing / photography / or writing experience
- Food Science education or studies in progress
- Roasting experience
- Australian citizen or resident with an appropriate visa to work in Australia
- Availability to work at least at least 1 weekend day every 2nd week
- Availability to work shifts from 4:45am to 2:30pm (if rostered) on work days
- Loves coffee and tea
- Own transport to and from work
- You strive for open and honest communication with respect for others
- Professional demeanour and a desire to exceed expectations
- Strong customer focus and empathy
- Desire to learn
- You are reliable, punctual, and organised
- You like getting things done and care about how they get done
- You are proactive and self-directed, identifying issues and opportunities ahead of time
- You strive for achievement and making a difference
- $26 to $27 / hr Base Rate + Super, Bonuses, and Penalty Rates
- Equates to $51K – $57K pa + Super & Bonuses
- Support from a great team
- Opportunities to learn and grow
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV and a short cover letter using the form below and we’ll reach out to you to schedule an initial chat. Your cover letter should include:
- how you found out about Quest and why you want to join,
- a little bit about your goals
- any other skills you may have from Nice to have list above
Suitable candidates may be requested to complete a short trial / test