We are Quest Coffee Roasters, a long established cafe and coffee roastery with a loyal community following in Burleigh Heads and the Gold Coast. We are known for organic, specialty coffee, delicious in house baked cakes and treats, and friendly café service. We have a simple lunch menu which includes toasties and a salad option. We want to expand our food options for customers at our two locations. We are looking to add a Breakfast & Lunch Head Cook or Chef to join our team to develop our kitchen, menu, and build a more sophisticated food offering at both locations. Our focus is high quality takeaway food, American-deli style sandwiches, and we are open to new menu ideas. Hours would be 20 to 38 hours a week, between 4:30am and 5pm.
Our team is young, energised, passionate, and you’ll be supported by experienced professionals within coffee, product, and business backgrounds. Our goal is to build a workplace and business that gives back to society by empowering individuals, small businesses, and communities. We believe social and environmental business sustainability is essential to the health of our society.
- Breakfast and lunch menu development
- Establishing kitchen and cooking procedures
- Food preparation and cooking
- Providing instructions and directions to cafe team
- Barista service (not primary responsibility)
- Maintains inventories
- Attention to detail and presentation
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following organisation standards and sanitation regulations
- Minimum 2 or more years of recent experience in a similar role
- Strong listening and verbal communication skills
- A strong understanding of health and safety
- Australian citizen or resident with permanent working rights in Australia
- Availability to work at least 1 week day, 1 weekend, and 1 other day
- Loves high quality food
- Own transport to and from work
Nice to have
- Professional cookery, chef, or food science certification or degree.
- Baking experience.
- You strive for open and honest communication with respect for others
- Professional demeanor and a desire to exceed expectations
- Strong customer focus and empathy
- Desire to learn
- You are reliable, punctual, and organised
- You like getting things done and care about how they get done
- You are proactive and self-directed, identifying issues and opportunities ahead of time
- You strive for achievement and making a difference
- Above Restaurant industry Award rate
- Casual $28 to $31 / hr Base Rate
- Part Time / Full Time $24.80 to $27.80 / hr Base Rate
- Support from a great team
- Great opportunity to develop your own menu and brand
How to apply
Please submit your CV and a short cover letter using the form below and we’ll reach out to you to schedule an initial chat. Your cover letter should include:
- how you found out about Quest and why you want to join,
- a little bit about your goals
- any other skills you may have from Nice to have list above
Suitable candidates may be requested to complete a half day trial.