We are Quest Coffee Roasters, a long established espresso bar and roastery with a loyal community following in Burleigh Heads and the Gold Coast. We sell coffee beans and products in store, online, and wholesale. We are known for our top quality coffee, delicious in house baked cakes and treats, and friendly café service. We have an opening at our Burleigh Coffee Roastery & Cafe for a barista / coffee roaster.
Our team is young, energised, passionate, and you’ll be supported by experienced professionals from coffee, product, business, and software backgrounds. Our goal is to build a workplace and business that gives back to society by empowering individuals, small businesses, and communities. We believe social and environmental business sustainability is essential to the health of our society.
- Barista responsibilities including preparing drinks, food, and customer service.
- Coffee roasting to the highest quality standards.
- Maintaining coffee roastery equipment.
- Packing and preparing coffee beans for orders.
- Educating team and customers on coffee beans, origins, and roasts.
- 1 or more years of recent experience as a coffee roaster
- 2 or more years experience as a barista
- Strong knowledge of coffee beans, origins, and brewing techniques
- Strong listening and verbal communication skills
- A strong understanding of health and safety
- Australian citizen or resident with an appropriate visa to work in Australia
- Availability to work at least 1 week day, 1 weekend, and 1 other day
- Availability to work an entire café shift from 5am to 4pm (if rostered) on work days
- Loves coffee and tea
- Own transport to and from work
- You strive for open and honest communication with respect for others
- Professional demeanour and a desire to exceed expectations
- Strong customer focus and empathy
- Desire to learn
- You are reliable, punctual, and organised
- You like getting things done and care about how they get done
- You are proactive and self-directed, identifying issues and opportunities ahead of time
- You strive for achievement and making a difference
- $25 to $27 / hr Base Rate + Super, Bonuses, and Penalty Rates
- Support from a great team
- Opportunities to learn and grow – cafe, online, and wholesale divisions
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV and a short cover letter using the form below and we’ll reach out to you to schedule an initial chat. Your cover letter should include:
- how you found out about Quest and why you want to join,
- a little bit about your goals
- any other skills you may have from Nice to have list above
Suitable candidates may be requested to complete a half day trial.