We are Quest Coffee Roasters, a long established espresso bar and roastery with a loyal community following in Burleigh Heads and the Gold Coast. We sell coffee beans and products in store, online, and wholesale. We are known for our top quality coffee, delicious in house baked cakes and treats, and friendly in cafe service.
We are looking to hire an eCommerce website & automation developer – initially on a casual basis – to expand our online portal and automation for capturing customer orders and delivering those orders expediently and efficiently. We have numerous projects in the pipeline which we are excited about and hope will turn Quest Coffee into a household name across Australia. If you are passionate about automation, joyful eCommerce user experience, coffee, and looking to build your experience in software development, then this is the role for you.
Our team is young, energised, passionate, and you’ll be supported by experienced professionals from coffee, product, business, and software backgrounds. Our goal is to build a workplace and business that gives back to society by empowering individuals, small businesses, and communities. We believe social and environmental business sustainability is essential to the health of our society.
- Project based work that will include:
- Website development,
- Website and software maintenance,
- Business function automation,
- and API scripting,
- Developing new ideas for software automation and expanding business services provided on the Quest Coffee online platform,
- Maintaining a high level of code quality which incorporates readability, maintainability, extensibility, cost effectiveness, and security,
- Remain current with market developments in software and recommend new technologies,
- Maintaining existing code base and creating new front and back end modules, components, and services.
You have a keen interest in building scalable and maintainable code to solve problems faced by an eCommerce business and its team. You have a highly analytical mind that critically evaluates problems and solutions, as well as tools and technologies to assist in delivering product goals expediently and cost effectively. You are comfortable working independently and seek to foster a culture of inclusion and constructive communication.
- Studying or recently completed professional training in a software development or similar course / degree.
- Experience with WordPress, Netlify, or other website building software.
- Exceptional at clear and articulate communication online and in person.
- Write clear, legible and secure code.
- You must be an Australian citizen or resident to apply for this position.
Nice to have
- AWS experience
- Experience with test driven development
- Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Availability and means to meet in person from time to time at a location in Gold Coast
- You strive for open and honest communication with respect for others
- Professional demeanour and a desire to exceed expectations.
- Desire to learn about new platforms, technologies, be adaptable and share what you learn with your team.
- You have rational opinions and you are able to make compromises.
- You like getting things done and care about how they get done.
- You are proactive and self-directed, identifying issues and opportunities ahead of time.
- You strive for achievement and making a difference.
- Casual 3 – 8 hours per week, with a goal to grow the hours in the future.
- $30 / hour + super.
- Work from home with flexible hours.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll reach out to you to schedule an initial chat. Suitable candidates may be requested to complete a half day trial.