We are Quest Coffee Roasters, a long established espresso bar and organic coffee roastery with a loyal community following in Burleigh Heads and the Gold Coast. We sell coffee beans and products in store, online, and wholesale. We are known for our top quality coffee, delicious in house baked cakes and treats, and friendly café service. We have an opening at our Burleigh Coffee Roastery for a trainee Coffee Roaster / Barista. This role would involve traineeship under a Cert III or IV in Food Manufacturing.
Our team is young, energised, passionate, and you’ll be supported by experienced professionals from coffee, product, business, and software backgrounds. Our goal is to build a workplace and business that gives back to society by empowering individuals, small businesses, and communities. We believe social and environmental business sustainability is essential to the health of our society.
- Successful completion of Cert III or IV in Food Manufacturing.
- Coffee roasting to the highest quality standards.
- Maintaining coffee roastery equipment.
- Organic ingredient & product handling.
- Inventory management, and wholesale order handling.
- Barista responsibilities including preparing drinks, food, and customer service.
- 1 or more years experience as a barista
- Strong interest in coffee beans, origins, and brewing techniques
- Strong listening and verbal communication skills
- A good understanding of Food Health & Safety
NICE TO HAVE
- 1 or more years in cooking or food handling related profession
- Certificates in Hospitality or Food Handling related courses
- Australian citizen or resident with an appropriate visa to work in Australia
- Availability to work at least at least 1 weekend day every 2nd week
- Availability to work shifts from 4:45am to 2:30pm (if rostered) on work days
- Loves coffee and tea
- Own transport to and from work
- You strive for open and honest communication with respect for others
- Professional demeanour and a desire to exceed expectations
- Strong customer focus and empathy
- Desire to learn
- You are reliable, punctual, and organised
- You like getting things done and care about how they get done
- You are proactive and self-directed, identifying issues and opportunities ahead of time
- You strive for achievement and making a difference
- $22 to $25 / hr Base Rate + Super, Bonuses, and Penalty Rates
- Equates to $43K – $49K pa + Super & Bonuses
- Trained as a Coffee Roaster, expected pay after completion of traineeship = $25 to $28 / hr Base Rate
- Expected time to complete traineeship = 1 year
- Support from a great team
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV and a short cover letter using the form below and we’ll reach out to you to schedule an initial chat. Your cover letter should include:
- how you found out about Quest and why you want to join,
- a little bit about your goals
- any other skills you may have from Nice to have list above
Suitable candidates may be requested to complete a short trial / test